The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big D Climb


Playing at Fountain Place

This 70 year old man competed for his nephew that passed away from blood cancer. He beat our times, he was on a roll going up those stairs. Adorable man with a huge heart!

My sister is my rock. We will find a cure for her cancer, I have complete FAITH

Go Dad!


This past weekend, we participated in the Big D Climb!

It was a lot harder than I expected, and I actually thought about quitting on floor 23. No joke. I would rather run a half marathon anyday than climb stairs. But, we kept going and finished 52 flights of stairs in 17 minutes. My sister and Justin finished in 15 minutes. My dad and I finished in 17minutes. My dad is 52 years old and we are so proud of him for competing! He did great!! This event was another mark I can add in my life journey of events that I will not forget. 900 people came out and climbed in support of finding a cure for blood cancers. After the climb, we enjoyed a wonderful meal at Joe's crab shack and then we were all asleep for a good 3 hr nap!


No comments: