The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little guilty

I always feel the guilt set in the moment Luke leaves me. His Papa came and picked him up today for a 2 day visit at Nana&Papas house. I guess I mainly feel the guilt because I feel almost a sense of weight let go from my shoulders, I feel guilt because I am not going to be the one who rocks Luke to sleep and I feel guilt because I cant kiss Luke before he goes to sleep. Its a huge battle that tugs at my heart. I need the little break at times but the moment he is away I miss him and want him back. I always utilize the time he is gone to nap, clean, spend quality time with the pups and with my husband Justin. I am so fortunate because Luke has 2 sets of the most wonderful and loving grandparents anyone could ever ask for. We are BLESSED! Since Justin and I are without family in Lubbock our families know we need a little break occasionally. This week is vacation bible school at my in-laws in New Mexico so he is going to play with his friends and flirt with the little old ladies! He is really good at being a flirt already ;)

This past weekend we all spent the weekend in Dallas with my family! It was a wonderful trip and lots of fun memories were made! Mine&Justins best friend Micah is our road trip partner and we made a road trip to see Cross Canadian Ragweed- go to the horse races and spend time with my family&friends! Luke is a GREAT traveler-thank goodness! He slept from Lubbock to Abilene and then we stopped and ate and let him walk around for a bit. Then he fell back asleep and slept all the way to Grand Prairie! My parents&sister picked him up and they went to eat and swim and spoil Luke! We met up with my brother and his girlfriend Machelle and went to the horse races and saw Cross! It was awesome! I even ran into Shelley-who I played basketball with forever and we hung with her for awhile too! It was a great night!!! Saturday we sat poolside and cooked out&swam with Luke! I am so happy that Luke is getting to spend his summer with family- I wouldnt have it any other way! =)


No comments: