The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Romans

I have been spending a lot of my bible study time studying Romans. I love this book! It has given me so much peace and knowledge. I encourage anyone who is looking for a promising book to read Romans.

Life is always going to give us challenges. There will always be people in our life who challenge our spirits. I have been holding onto a couple of grudges with friends who have hurt me or taken advantage of my friendship. I started to read Romans 2:1-11 and I was immediately on the same page as God. I knew I had to let those grudges go and just be a good person. God is the only one who has the authority to judge people's actions. I just have to focus on living my life and making my life what it needs to be for God. I have the personality where I like to help people&save them. Or help them make decisions when they are going the wrong direction. And I cannot do that anymore. My job is to focus on me, my family&my relationship with God.

I took a huge step outside of my comfort box and decided to forgive&forget. I felt a huge lift off my shoulders and immediately i felt at peace. Life is to short to hold grudges or let anyone bring you down. Romans 5:1-5 was my confirmation that the choices I made were good and exactly where God needed me to be in our walk. So I said a little prayer for one specific person that I struggle with. I forgave her and took her lunch as a way to show closure for that friendship. I have walked away with no ties and knowing that friendship is in Gods hands not mine. And I am completely at peace with that. The biggest lesson i learned from that friendship was...I can not ever take responsibility for a life that is not mine. And I learned that I am not God and i will never be able to save that person from the mistakes they make...all I can do is be a role model for what life is like when God is at the steering wheel! ;)

No comments: