The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tamara

I have thought very hard about what I was going to say when i talked about my sister. The words will never be able to come out of my head and onto the keys. Hmm...Tamara started chemo yesterday. It was her first treatment. It was very bittersweet. We have been sitting on the knowledge that this day was coming- and it has brought on some anxiety. But, with the help of God sitting with Tamara...her first chemo session was good. Well as good as can be. She did have a reaction and her troat was closing but they fixed it up and she was good after that. Tamara has been completely exhausted&fatigue today though. I never in a million years thought i would be writing about my sister-my best friends chemotherapy. But this is where God has lead our family and so we will deal with it. Tamara has a faith that can move mountains and she has taught me so much over the past month. She is a tough girl with a heart that belongs to her Jesus. I pray that Tamara can continue to tackle these chemotherapies with such strength as she did yesterday! Luke called and talked to her for awhile&I can tell it lifted her spirits to hear his sweet voice! He loves his AuntTeeeee!

Tonight I pray for healing upon my sister. I know there is not a cure for her cancer-but I give it to God to protect her and heal her. God&I have been having some rather deep conversations lately and I trust Him completely. I know He is at work in my sisters life. Tamara has reached&touched so many people at such a young age. I wonder sometimes why does harsh diseases and incurable cancers take over a body of a young, healthy, beautiful&christian girl. I may never know the answer to that question until i stand before my Maker...but I am learning to have peace in my heart over it.

When you go through a loved one battling a disease like cancer it changes your views on life. I have completely weeded out all the bad&ugly character friends. I have no regrets from that decision. I want my life lived surrounded by people who have good hearts. I want to share my days with other mothers who love their children& people who want to make a positive change in this world. I have no more time for selfishness in my life. I am incredibly blessed to have such an amazing network of friends spread across the country who have loved, prayed&supported me&my family since day 1 of learning of tamara's cancer. My heart will forever be grateful for that. People text me, email me or call me everyday and say "i dont know what to do for you&your family so I prayed!" Believe me...that is ALL we need! I am serious. Your prayers life Tamara up! They bring he peace&hope&faith! I have seen how good God is in the eyes&hearts of those who are believers in Him! No one can ever take that away from us!

Everyone who knows Tamara- knows she is a lil miss fashionista! I think its awesome that she goes to her doctors appt's with her best outfits on, heels, nails done&the best attitude ever! She makes me so proud! Well...round 1 of chemotherapy is down! I will keep everyone updated as we go!

**I am so happy that Luke&I are going to see Tamara in dallas on monday! We are going to spend the week with her! ((Best part of being a stay-at-home momma again! I do it all for the ones I love the most!))

2 comments:

Paige said...

Tamara is in my prayers all the time. I am inspired by her faith!!

Cole, Simone, Mia and Stephanie said...

beautifully written