The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chemo Angel

Recently, I learned about a fun group called "Chemo Angels". I had a couple of friends become one in honor of my sister, so I looked it up. After reading about it, I signed up instantly. Justin was on board too. Since, it is such a good cause, I thought I would share it on my blog.

Basically, you are assigned a person who is going through chemo. You become their "angel"...a member of their support team. If anyone has dealt with Cancer, you understand how important it is to have a strong support system. Watching my sister go through chemo is hands down 1 of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Every time its chemo time again, I hurt for my sister and she never leaves my thoughts. It makes patients, soooo tired, sick, irritable, they dont sleep well, they have severe night sweats and their appetite changes. What better idea than to be available to someone in need?! I know my sister loves getting notes in the mail from friends, cards and flowers. Its such a small gesture that goes a long way.

As an angel, we write letters of support, occasionally send a little gift basket, etc. My angel is a 35 year old female battling breast cancer. I just sent her christmas stocking in the mail. It included: cookie mix, cookie cutters, an ornament, a magazine, crossword puzzle book and a note from me. It was simple, but i know it means the world to her! We exchange letters weekly of support and bible verses. It takes about 15 minutes out of my day once a week. A perfect opportunity to help out in this world for a busy person!

If you are interested their website is : www.chemoangels.net

No comments: