The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, December 9, 2010

This age...

I know I have said this before, but really, I LOVE the age Luke is at right now! I really do. I like how everyday is a new adventure. Luke has recently become friends with Doobie. Doobie is his "imaginary" friend dog. He comes out every once in awhile and Luke always lets you know. We spend time playing "catch" and "petting" his ears and tail. Its funny to Justin and I because Luke has 2 dogs that he always says are his best friend. I don't know a lot about imaginary friends, but all the research I have done says its "normal" and shows a creative side to a child. Luke is a very creative boy so that makes sense to us. He has always had an imagination and we have always just gone with it while explaining in his terms whats real and fake.

Anyways, on to this 2 1/2 year old ball of energy! This Christmas has been so much fun already. It's the little things that make him happy and it shows in his big brown eyes and huge smile. He is obsessed with Christmas Lights, music and ornaments. He will take the ornaments off the tree and re-organize it multiple times during the day. He is fascinated with Santa, but does NOT want Santa too close to him. And every night we are singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I explained the best I could in 2 year old language why we celebrate Christmas. He knows its Jesus' birthday and he thinks we are going to eat cake. So, we may have to make that a new tradition for him! I cannot wait to watch Luke grow with every year and every Christmas. But, for now, I am enjoying every precious second of this age =)


No comments: