The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Joplin


Lucas Lee,
In May, one of the worst tornadoes recorded in history hit in Joplin, Missouri. It has been all over the news since the storm. It is a tragedy. Mostly, I love to keep your blog positive and happy. But, I know one day, you will be learning about this storm in class. I want you to know first hand that your Aunt T was there to help. Even through everything your Aunt T has been going through, she never stops helping others. Above, is a picture of her on her trip into Joplin. She took these pictures on this blog during her journey. Our family all believes in the "I am Second" team. It's a team designed to remind everyone that God is first, we are second. Their mission is to spread God's love to everyone and be a witness of him. Aunt T, is on the team. One day when you look back on these pictures, just remember how lucky and thankful we are for everything we have. Love and appreciate all of life. And if we ever face tragedy together, just know that God loves us and protects us still.


Joplin High School. Graduation had just finished before the storm hit.

Driving into Jopling. Tamara texted me and told me she almost threw up. The heartbreak was so severe it made her shake.

I am Second team passing out water to workers and survivors. Lucas, this is what I hope for you as you grow. I hope you are there to help others in a time of need. I want you to be a witness of Gods love in the face of tragedy. I want you to be someone that will donate your time to serve others. You have already started that! You go with mommy&daddy to help volunteer at the South Plains Food Bank, you have attended several charity walks and events. Please continue to do this as you grow.

Baby, I cannot guarantee that life will always be easy. I cannot guarantee you will go without pain. But, I can promise that God and your family will be behind you no matter what.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: