The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter...





Our Easter celebration this year was a bit different than normal. I think this was the first time since Luke was born we didnt attend church for Easter. Our flight from Florida landed Saturday afternoon. Luke pretty much slept the rest of saturday and through sunday morning. Traveling and a 6 hour flight wore our little guy out. We didnt push him to wake up for church. Luke is not the kind of child you EVER want to wake up when he is sleeping. It takes him a good 30 minutes to fully wake up and he does not appreciate it and his attitude will show it lol. So, we let him relax and lay around. We read him the "Is Easter about Chocolate Bunnies" book. It has a great message with lots of fun pop ups. It does have a fun way of showing the message is about Jesus and His death for our life. We decorated some Easter Eggs and he went through his Easter goodies. Around 11, we met 2 of Lukes very best friends at the park for a mini egg hunt. Then we had lunch at Casa Ole. Luke and Tony love the "green" sauce. I am not even sure what it is entirely but I know Luke will eat it like he has never eaten a day in his life. lol.

Sunday was also a very special day for my family! It was my dads birthday! I wish we lived closer to Dallas so I could spend special days with him. We are going later in April and we are going to celebrate his birthday at the Rangers game! Luke sent him a card and my dad loved the fact that Luke spelled his name. I will post a pic of his name later! I am proud of him for learning and I love how proud he is of himself! My dad is truly the hardest working man. I can not even explain how hard working he is. He is an amazing man that has the respect of love of everyone in our family. He's the best person to ask for advice, he loves his family and will do anything for us. Mentally and physically, he is one of the strongest men I have ever met. I love him eternally and everything he has done for our family. As a poppi, he is so fun to watch with Luke. He loves to wrestle with Luke or put him up in his lap and give him a ride on the riding lawn mower. My dad is a landscape designer so he and Luke spend lots of time working and planting flowers and trees, etc. Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: