The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Monday, November 9, 2009

Updates...

Just some updates...

--I am back to staying at home w/Lucas! It was a decision that I know is the right one for our family. We tried out a child care (part time) for Luke...but his personality started to change drastically. He began crying a lot- constantly was getting sick&having diaper rash- he would throw tantrums before we left every morning..it was just a lot of negativity and it was wearing on Justin and I. For a list of many reasons we felt that the care he was getting was just not good. Even though it will be a change for our family, we know we are making the right one. Luke&I have been back home together for almost 3 weeks and it has been a very positive change. Luke is back to being our happy, sweet boy! He rarely ever cries and is communicating so well! His vocabulary is expanding and improving every single day! And I am getting to spend quality potty-training time with him. I know he is only 18 months so we have started slowly. I have introduced the potty to him and will occasionally sit him on there and read to him. He has only gone potty in his little toilet 1 time...but he is learning. He usually goes and sits on it after he has gone to the bathroom in his diaper lol...but he is at least recognizing they go together! Luke also has not had one single diaper rash since we took him out of childcare. So all changes were very positive.

Another big change...is I am going back to school! Every since I graduated from Tech with my Health education degree, I have wanted to go back to school. Long term I would like to go into medical school and eventually start in pediatrics. Short term I would like to get my nursing degree and learn a lot of information while working in peds before I go into medical school! Soo...I am going to start evening classes at Wayland in Nursing. I am so excited! I feel like God is directing me. By nature, I fight off Gods will for my will...but I am learning so much about just giving everything to God and praying for His will. It has definitely relieved so much stress from my shoulders of worrying if I was making the right decision...or worrying about things I cannot control. Right now I am really focusing on taking one day at a time. The RN program will take me 2 years to complete and I start in January. I am channeling all my energy into just focusing on this first semester. College was fun to me and I love learning...but it is totally different when you are a mom and a wife also. I will be gone 4 nights a week for 2 hours and that will be an impact on Justin&Luke. Our family really does like to sit at the table&eat dinner together at night. We all do Lukes bathtime together and watch a movie together or read books before bed time. Justin will be doing this on his own and i will miss these moments. But 2 years can go by so quickly and then I will be living out my dreams and goals I have had in my life to be a doctor one day soon---very soon ;)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Good for you for going back to school! I struggle with the same thing, sometimes God's plan annoys me because it's not what I thought would happen. I am trying to let go and know that God knows best. Good luck!

Cole, Simone, Mia and Stephanie said...

That's great Tara! You and your family's best interest is always your top priority..good for you! so happy for you guys. I admire your strength and diligence. keep it up!