The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Leukemia&Lymphoma Benefit


This past weekend was a really special and very inspirational weekend. I flew into Dallas for a quick overnight visit. My sister was the "honored hero" at a fundraising event to support blood cancer. I got to help volunteer at the event and raise money for research for blood cancer. It was a very special night that I will never ever forget.



Lymphoma Patients! As Tamara says, "they are not dying of cancer- they are living with cancer."

1 of my sisters very best friends- KoJo. He was amazing...awesome at raising money! He kept me laughing all night!

My sister giving her "story." It was very emotional and funny. Tamara has a way of speaking and captivating her audience. She is amazing...I could feel God in the room with us as she spoke. She will forever be a hero in my heart.

My gorgeous mom-me-sister&KoJo enjoying the night!

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a charity benefit- you should go! I learned so much and met so many wonderful people from all different walks in life. I walked away learning a very important lesson that is etched in my mind forever. "Smile at everybody-because you never know how much that smile will mean to someone."

**On a side note--the benefit was held at Design Within Reach in North Dallas. They have awesome designs...very contemporary and fashionable. We got to know the store owner throughout the night--he was so kind and funny!

No comments: