The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Friday, July 8, 2011

I love you bigger...


The news this week has been heart wrenching. I cannot even count how many times I have held Luke and told him I love you so much. To which he always tells me, "I love you bigger mommy."

He has no idea what or why I feel the need to give him a few extra hugs this week, but he always gladly accepts all the "lovings". Too many kisses and he starts growling at me and wiping them off. As for me, I am just thankful I can hear him growl at me.

This week, the news stories were heart breaking. My sister is a news reporter, so of course I have CNN on every chance I can get.

Story 1) Shannon Stone. The brave father, who was trying to catch a foul ball for his 6 year old son at the Ballpark in Arlington dies with his son watching. I cannot even imagine what their family is going through. What his son will remember from that day. I just pray and pray. I have spent so much time in prayer over this family. My stomach hurts. Literally. This story seemed so unreal. So fast, a father just gone. In a split second, his son lost his dad. Luke, you may not understand this until you are a parent, but I know every parent that has watched this story hugs their child. God only knows why such tragedy happens in life. I will continue to pray and be thankful that my dad never was hurt in his hundreds of attempts to catch balls for us at the Rangers game. That image is something I have seen mannny of times growing up. Dads have their gloves all ready to catch balls in the stands for their children. Being their "heros". Crazy how fast tragedy can strike.

story 2) Casey Anthony trial. I have many feelings about this. I struggle with the negative vs positive feelings a lot. But, all I know is, Caylee is with Jesus. Gods plan for their life outweighs our own personal feelings. I admit to being one of those people who have been following this story since day 1. Luke was only 2 months old when Caylee went "missing". I remember even then looking at him and wondering "why is that happening"? Well, apparently, we will never know why. I have just given that situation to God and allowed myself to have peace over it. I will share an excellent article my sister wrote over it soon.

Working out and praying has helped relieve some of the sadness for me. I am the type of person who hurts for other people. I tend to get vocal when I see children are being treated unfairly. I always try to balance and center myself in these situations so it does not consume me. If I don't, I will start loosing sleep and weight. I have no idea why I am like that, but I have learned to accept it and found ways to balance that. For me & Justin, we just try everyday to make sure our son knows how much we love him. No regrets!

2 comments:

De'on Miller said...

I love your take on all these tragic events. There are never enough words or sometimes there are just too many words to truly express the anguish we feel for so many these days.

I thank God that He alone knows our hearts and that truly, in the end, He can judge right. I'm afraid none of us could and thankfully, He's removed our right to do that.

Your pictures are gorgeous. And I appreciated your sister's article. I shared it on FB

De'on Miller said...

And I so appreciated your message to me today. I haven't got on FB yet. Just need a little chilling out time myself, if you can chill in the sun :) because that's where I'm taking the "boys" right now, is out in our backyard.

I had meant to tell you earlier, you are welcome to send the book's link to anyone of your choosing. That's what it's for, to share. I've held it to my own heart and mind long enough.

God bless you and your family.