The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A love like no other...





I do not know how to write this post without crying, but I will try. Either way, it's okay.

My beautiful sister, Tamara, is my bestest friend in life. We are as close as sisters can get. Literally, we talk on the phone 5 times a day. We skype, facebook chat, etc daily too. And even though she has been living in Dallas, we see eachother every 3 weeks or so. She comes to visit us and we go down there a lot. It means the world to me that she comes and visit often. She puts forth so much effort to be a part of our life and Luke's life. It is a relationship that I will cherish and have cherished my whole life.

Now, on to the bittersweet part...she is moving 25 hours away.

I had to take a moment to wipe my tears and refocus. But, here I am to finish this blog for Luke. With Tamaras health, it has been hard for her to continue news reporting and working long hours. She has to have time to adjust to chemo treatments, resting and sleeping. FOX news in Boise offered her a main anchor position that she could not refuse. She gets to sit at the anchor desk. Which is a plus because it's very hard for her to walk around and carry cameras, mic's etc in field reporting. News reporting is her passion and it is a blessing she was offered this position.

Selfishly, I am sad. But, as a sister, I am happy for her. More happy than words can describe. She was in Lubbock when they fully offered the position with the contract! So, what did we do? We toasted a good CHEERS over margaritas and tacos at Chimy's! It was a great moment to celebrate with her.

My sister has traveled the world! I have spent 2 birthdays with her in Malibu, CA and 1 in Florida. Our family has traveled to Florida to have a great Thanksgiving with her. J and I spent 2 weeks of summer vacation moving her from Colorado and California and made many memories. Through all of those transitions, I was able to cope with the distance. I had valuable time with her at each location and shared many experiences with her. But, all of those were before Luke was born. That changes things. Luke and my sister have a relationship that no words can ever explain. They love eachother, they talk for hours to eachother. Luke is always in a great mood when she is around. She just makes him happy. When we shared the news with him, Luke cried. It broke my heart into a million pieces. He kept saying, "But I will miss her", "I already miss my T". So, Tamara and I decided to have a fun night with him. Her last night here, we took some pics at the big park. We chased ducks, played and laughed. That night, we ate some yummy Spoonful Yogurt. We came home from that and painted some pictures. (will post later) It was a beautiful evening, filled with laughs, happiness and love.

We will see T one more time before she moves. But, it will be a short visit on her way with my mom to Boise. I know Luke and I will have the time to spend a weekend with her in the fall but we will still miss her tremendously. I am so thankful for FOX for giving her an opportunity of a lifetime. I am, also, thankful for SKYPE, Facebook, text messages, chats, etc so we can still spend time talking with her daily like always.

I thank God every single morning for the relationships I have with my 2 siblings. I love them dearly and support them no matter what through every journey of their lives. I know Tamara will do GREAT as lead anchor! I love you T and Joseph!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is so great for Tamara, but I know that will be so hard for you. Y'all have a relationship that makes me so sad I don't have a sister.