The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Update on Tamara..

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philipians 4:6)

Today, I received a text from my sister with the results of her PET scan. My sister is officially in REMISSION. This is huge for her, for her cancer, for our family. I haven't spoken with anyone yet, so I do not know any other details at this moment. But, the only detail I know is that her cancer isn't currently active and that is the most important detail of all.

I think of all the times I have stood next to my sisters side and heard her story. I think of the celebrations of life we have came home to celebrate with her. I think of the days at the hospital, during chemo, during hospital stays etc. I think of the benefits that have been hosted for her and the races, stair climbs, pineapple classic event. I think of the many of hundreds of times I have sat and watched her I AM SECOND video. I remember the 10 months of training it took to complete a half marathon in her honor. I would look at her picture every morning at 5:15am when my alarm went off. I needed no other motivation than that. More than anything, I think of the hours, days, spent in prayer for her and her life. I remember going to our college sorority house, and begging, pleading with our new, young sorority sisters to attend events in her name, to participate in the Pineapple, to keep her in their prayers, to add her to their prayer list. All of those things were worth every second to hear this wonderful news. It's more than wonderful news, but there are no words that can truly describe what this means for her.

I know my parents are probably feeling a feeling that no words can describe either. I am sure a thousand pounds have been lifted from their shoulders at this news. I can imagine there are smiles and laughs they are all sharing together.

To all my blog readers, thank you for joining me many times in prayer. I know many of you email me and comment me often at how much you think about Tamara. God grants miracles daily, my sister got hers today. It's a very good day for her.

No comments: