The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Big Step

Today was a big day for me. It was the first time I have left Lucas alone with anyone other than family. I have been lucky to be a stay at home mom- to watch Luke grow every step of the way. I have loved it! But the one thing that weighs on my mind all the time is that in Lubbock, Luke has no friends his age. He has barely even seen another baby. Most of my friends moved away after graduating and most of Justins guy friends don't have kids. So it is usually just me and Luke. I don't think I have been ready for him to be anywhere but with family, but I have been praying for an opportunity for us to meet other moms with babies. So we have decided to find a church in Lubbock with a nursery where Luke can be around other babies on Sunday mornings. We love our church home in Lovington, but just sometimes cannot drive an hour and a half every sunday. Plus, there are not any babies in that church at this moment. So Lucas always sits with us or family. So...to the point of this whole blog lol...we searched for a church in Lubbock and today we went! It was nice to have Tamara here because Justin and I can be shy about starting new things at time! And my sister is very talkative and does not know a single stranger in the world! I heard some of this particular pastors sermons online when searching for a church in Lubbock. I loved him...i felt the power of his message! So we were so excited for this morning and for our big step of Lucas being in a nursery with kids his age playing! So...we are of course dressed in our Sunday best and we get to church! Okay the positive- great sermon- great pastor- great sunday morning message! The negative- Lucas was the only baby in the nursery haha! But we did get through a huge step in the fact that for an hour somebody other than his momma&daddy or family held him and played with him and he was perfectly okay! He was in a great mood when we got him and fell asleep within 2 minutes of getting in the car! He must have had some fun play time! So our search for a church that can accomodate our whole family continues...

1 comment:

Cole, Simone, Mia and Stephanie said...

Good job! Cole is almost 13 months and still hasn't been left with anyone other than the grandparents! haha! it's okay! We have had playdates with 2 other kids before. It's been fun to see him interact...so I know where you are coming from!