The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teething...

Positive- Luke is so cute with his little teeth! And when he is in a great mood...he smiles so much to show off those teeth! He is very proud!
Negative- I have not slept in 6 days and now I am sick =(. Luke wants to be held 24 hours of the day the past 6 days. Combined in 6 days I have only gotten 5 hours of sleep. Last night Justin made me go to bed and he took over night duty so I could get a little rest. Justin is a GREAT dad and husband. He works so hard all day as a supervisor for a company at Texas Tech and then he comes home and immediately starts taking care of his family. I could not ask for anything better. But back to this whole teething thing- Luke refuses to sleep unless I am holding him. He does not want to eat and he has been throwing up. It makes me so sad to see big boy tears come out of his eyes. So I put away my headache and tiredness and give him every ounce of attention and love that I possibly can at this point. His first teething experience was only 1 tooth and was not bad at all. Right now he has 3 coming in at one time. Tylenol and teething tabs are not working so well this time at all. And...we have no family here to help so I can take a nap. Which is okay- he is our baby and we want to go through every experience with him. But sometimes Mama needs a nap lol!

No comments: