The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What I want...

There are so many times that I look at Luke and wonder what I want for his life. I wonder what he will want for his life. And it always comes to the same thought...I want him to know that The Lord, his daddy and his mommy love him. It seems so simple- yet it lies in my heart every single day. It crosses my mind over and over again. No matter what path he takes- what sport he plays- what style he dresses in...I want him to know that he is loved by the 3 of us.
Tonight before bed time, we were reading Lucas the book of Genesis. Lucas was holding onto his pet giraffe! Justin leaned the giraffe over and gave Luke a kiss on the lips and said MMM--WAHHH! And all of a sudden Luke just busted out laughing! The sweetest sound in the world..there is no better sound to my ears. My whole world just stopped and everything was centered around his laugh! He kept laughing at his giraffe and giving it big, wet, sloppy kisses. I was completely captivated by this...i am still smiling over it!
It came to me as I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep that I also want Luke to laugh all the time! I want him to always know that he is loved by God, Justin and me! Thats what I want for his life. I want happiness and love! I want his life to be a verb...i want him to spend his life loving, laughing, smiling, praying, and living!
Luke is growing so much everyday! He is learning and he is so smart already. It amazes me...to see how fast he can pick up on things. He loves to roll over to his tummy and back to his back again. He will roll across the whole floor doing this! (although changing a diaper has become an obstacle bc he wants to roll and roll and roll while I am trying to clean him off and put a new diaper on lol!) Luke loves for us to read to him and he loves playing on the floor. He is getting better and better at sitting up...and picking up his toys and bringing them to his mouth. He can do this with his bottle now too...he can hold it and bring it to his mouth and drink and set it back down...and so on. He is growing and maturing everyday! And he is happy doing it..and that is what I want for his life! =)

2 comments:

smartinoff said...

It is amazing to look at your child and see and feel all of their potential and to want nothing but the best for them. I can look at the kids and just know that they will be great! It's most important to me that my kids know our love and feel our support. I can't wait to see what life has in store for us all! Parenthood is such a journey! You will be happy you are keeping a blog while he is little! It's gonna go by faster than you know!

Cole, Simone, Mia and Stephanie said...

That's sweet! i used to call my husband at work when I got Cole to laugh...it made jared smile and cry at the same time. He wanted to be there at that very moment to hear Cole's sweet laughter. Little boys are something very special! Hang on to him and never let him go....until he can start running...then you gotta chase him! ;)