The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Monday, December 7, 2009

Stop and Drop

I have never been more excited about a project than I am right now!!!!! This year I am hosting my 1st stop and drop!!!

What a stop and drop is...Its a stop by and drop off a toy for charity! So on December 18th, I am opening my home for my friends, family&neighbors to come by and drop off a toy! The charity that I am donating the toys too are the Pediatric ICU's at both Covenant&UMC hospitals. I chose this for 2 reasons. 1- is because I do not think ANY child should have to spend Christmas morning in the hospital. 2- I have some friends who are nurses in the ICU's and it touches my heart to hear the stories of the little kids who are fighting HUGE battles against diabetes, cancer, pnuemonia, etc. I cannot imagine how their families are feeling right now with it being the holidays. Luke was in and out of the hospital sickkkk as a baby. Up until he was 3 months old he was practically living in the hospital. I remember how sick i felt every time I had to leave the hospital so check on the dogs, to shower or even just to have a break. It was hard. So my heart goes out to the families who are struggling watching their children go through such hard, hard illnesses.

I have really been praying that God will use me this holiday season to bring peace and happiness into someones life who desperately needs it. I wish I was a millionaire and could give a child their dream christmas...or help a family that has lost their family in the service...or grant a last miracle for a sick child. But I knew my "giving" was going to have to come in another way. So I prayed and prayed about it. One day, it just hit me. I was going to pass out gifts to our local hospitals so the kids could have a fun present to open and families wouldnt have to worry about leaving their children to christmas shop. I felt instant peace in my heart because I knew God was behind me 100%!!! It is making this years Christmas a little brighter knowing I can give back! I immediately emailed, texted&messaged 22 of our close family friends, neighbors, etc in Lubbock. So far, i have had 17 families RSVP. God is so powerful!

So, on the 18th we will open our house up. We have 2 HUGE boxes for the donated gifts. And I am serving- Apple Cider, Hot Chocolate, Fruit, Veggies, Nachos, Chips, Cheese Balls and crackers1 The whole house is decorated and we are so excited to have this party and see our friends help donate to our charity! I cant wait!!!!!!!

No comments: