The WHITE Family

The WHITE Family

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stop & Drop Part 2

My heart is filled with so many emotions right now!

I feel thankfulness and love for God and what He is doing in my life right now. I am so happy we are working on this charity drive together. I hope I can say in 10 years we are still doing the Stop and Drop and it is bigger than ever! I hope it is a life long commitment for me&my family. I know God will stand with us for this forever ;)

I just talked to the Public Relations rep from both hospitals in Lubbock. They are so excited for the kids also! It is so good to hear in their voices how excited they are that they will see the children smile at Christmas this year. There are a total of 7 children that will not make it to see next years Christmas. Hearing these stories gives me so much peace in knowing that we are doing the right thing for them&their families. I was in tears talking to the hospital staff hearing the stories of the children who are heros in this world. Fighting battles for their life...knowing how strong they are and how every day of their life is a fight. I just kept looking at Luke thanking God in my heart that he is healthy. But it also opened my eyes to see what my parents are going through...knowing their daughter is fighting everyday too.

I read this quote last night while having my quiet time with God...i know it was meant for me to read and understand. "People make plans in their minds, but only the Lord can make them come true. Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."--Proverbs 16:1-3. I am so appreciative to God for guiding me and Justin in this project. I am so thankful that He heard our hearts desire and is helping our visions become real and successful.

Everything is ready to go for Friday! The food has been bought- the boxes are ready to be filled with gifts- the house is spotless(which keeping it that way with a toddler is the hardest work lol) and our doors are ready to be opened to our special friends who support us without an end. I am so excited! I cannot wait to take all the sweet and special gifts our friends picked out to our little heros in the hospital. ;)

1 comment:

Jeni said...

thats awesome!! you have such a sweet heart.